Here at Hellesdon High School we insist on full school uniform. The full requirements for boys and girls are listed on this page.
The uniform is available from:
Birds of Dereham, Unit D, 13 Yaxham Road, Dereham, NR19 1HB / tel: 01362 692941
Stevensons, 67 Ber Street, Norwich, NR1 3AD / tel: 01603 622355
For a list of appropriate items of uniform sold in local stores, please click here.
Sensible hairstyles are required for all pupils – no extremes, e.g. no shaven heads, tramlines or razor cuts. The Headteachers reserve the right to make decisions about hairstyles.
Jewellery and make-up
Only light make-up is permitted: it must be discreet, with no coloured nails.
Jewellery may be worn only in moderation: one necklace; one pair of stud or sleeper earrings (in earlobes only); one discreet ring; one simple bracelet and a watch. All jewellery must be able to be removed for PE.
Facial piercings (including tongue, eyebrows, lips or nose) are not allowed at School and must be removed.
You will also need:
• a full PE kit
• an apron for Science and Art
• a pen, pencil and ruler
• a calculator
• a pocket dictionary
• a bag/backpack of suitable size for books and equipment (no handbags or carrier bags)
Mobile phones are permitted at Hellesdon High School at the owner’s risk. The School will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage. Students may use mobiles in school, subject to the following conditions:
• Mobile phones are only to be used discreetly, not in the main school building.
• The use of mobile phones is not permitted, at any time, in the classroom. They must be turned off.
• Mobile phones are not to be used for taking photographs or video clips while at school or at School events.
• Mobile phones must not be used for downloading indecent, offensive or inappropriate images. Holding or showing such images will be treated as a serious offence.
• Any bullying using mobile phones will be taken extremely seriously and relevant sanctions will be applied.
• If a student wishes to have permission to leave school or for their parents/carer to pick them up it must be arranged through the Head of Year.
Failure to abide by these conditions will result in the confiscation of the mobile phone. Parents will be informed and will have to pick up the phone from Pupil Reception the next day.