KS4 Sport Science curriculum
Sport Science Level 1/2 Award/Certificate
The Cambridge Nationals qualification in Sport Science offers students the opportunity to study key areas of sport science including anatomy and physiology linked to fitness, health, injury and performance; the science of training and application of training principles, and psychology in sport and sports performance.
Students are assessed in 4 units:
- R041: Reducing the risk of sports injuries (written paper, 1 hour – 60 marks)
- R042: Applying principles of training (controlled assessment task)
- R043: The body’s response to physical activity (controlled assessment task)
- R044: Sport psychology (controlled assessment task)
For more detail about this course, please click below to read or download:
- the OCR Cambridge Nationals Sport Science specification (pdf).
- the OCR Sport Science scheme of work (pdf).