Art and Design – Year 9 (core)
Art and Design Curriculum for Year 9
From the Art of Japanese brush painting: via Banksy, soap sculptures, printmaking and Andy Warhol, Hellesdon High School Art Department offers the opportunity to engage with a really exciting range of art works and processes through a lively and ever-evolving series of projects.
Extending processes and techniques.
Students explore a range of media and techniques in 2D/ 3D and new technologies and study a range of artefacts from contemporary, historical and cultural context.
MEDIA & TECHNIQUES
Students explore a range of media and techniques in 2D/ 3D, new technologies, and study a range of artefacts from contemporary, historical and cultural contexts.
GCSE way of working: developing individual ideas and independent learning skills.
RESOURCES / EQUIPMENT
• sketchbook (provided) • planner (provided)
• pencils: HB and 2B • rubber • pen • apron
• Artist’s Toolkit: http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit
• Tate Gallery: http://kids.tate.org.uk
• ArtPad.com: http://artpad.com/artpad/painter
• Visit the art blog to see our latest exhibitions of stunning student art
You will be given drawing tasks to complete in your sketchpad (1 hour per fortnight), and extended tasks over a few weeks.
Visit an art gallery, exhibition or museum whenever possible.