Art and Design – Year 8
Art and Design Curriculum for Year 8
From the art of Vermeer via can art, Giacometti sculpture, and eco art, Hellesdon High School Art department offers the opportunity to engage with a really exciting range of art works and processes within a lively and ever-evolving series of projects.
Development and experimentation:
A series of creative activities exploring shape, form and space (tonal recession and perspective).
MEDIA & TECHNIQUES
Students explore a range of media and techniques in 2D/ 3D, new technologies, and study a range of artefacts from contemporary, historical and cultural context.
RESOURCES / EQUIPMENT
• sketchbook (provided) • planner (provided)
• pencils: HB and 2B • rubber • pen • apron
• Artist’s Toolkit: http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit
• Tate Gallery: http://kids.tate.org.uk
• ArtPad.com: http://artpad.com/artpad/painter
• Visit the art blog to see our latest exhibitions of stunning student art
You will be given drawing tasks to complete in your sketchpad (1 hour per fortnight), and extended tasks where you will collect and present information in your sketchpad over a few weeks.
Visit an art gallery, exhibition or museum whenever possible.