CHILD DEVELOPMENT (GCSE LEVEL 1 & 2)
Content of the course
We follow the OCR course, covering the following topics:
- Family structures and parenting
- Preparation for pregnancy and birth
- Physical development
- Nutrition and health
- Intellectual, social science and emotional development
- Community spirit
Skills students will learn
- Factors that influence emotional development
- Concept of equal opportunities
- Explore the diversity of family patterns in the UK
- Explore roles/responsibilities in parenthood
- ICT skills
Opportunities to develop knowledge skills and understanding of citizenship issues.
Coursework is 30% of final grade = 60 marks
Task: a study of the development of a child aged between 18 months and 4 years.
Controlled assessment is 30% of final grade = 30 marks
Tasks: 3 short tasks from list provided by exam board
Exam is 40% of final grade = 80 marks, 1½ hour exam written paper.